Sunday, August 24, 2008

My Trek is fixed.


I brought my mountain bike to Tri-City Bikes and Mark told me that the freewheel was broke. He didn't have one in stock but he ordered it. The next day I got a call and the Trek was fixed.
Today, I did my usual mountain bike route (Berwick Rd., Blackberry Hill Rd., to Love Creek Rd.
When I was going down Love Creek Rd., there was a tractor going down, and it took up most of the road. While he was going through a puddle, I went to his left and said "Hello". He was surprised to see me but he did say hi.
I took a left onto a dirt trail. This is the second time I was unable to ride over a culvert that acts like a stream, too rocky.
Once I got past that, I continued a ways to the T intersection.
I took a left and rode a ways until there was a huge mud puddle, with many motorcycle tracks through it. I didn't think I could make it so I turned back.
At the intersection, I continued straight.
There were two trees blocking the trail but there were two side trails around them. After I went past the second one, there was a 100 foot long mud puddle. It looked deep so I turned around. I did see a small trail that may have gone around it but I headed back.
I got back to that culvert and I couldn't ride through it.
Heading back, there are some sections on Love Creek Rd. that has a really soft sand and the front and back wheels slips on it, but they are fun going through.

No comments: