Sunday, August 17, 2008

My Trek is broken.


Today I went for a mountain bike ride. I ride a mile on a road, then about a mile on dirt roads.
When I got on Love Creek Rd. (Dirt) I went through some deep puddles, which was fun. Then I took a left onto a trail that I thought I've been on before. It didn't look familiar but I kept going. I was riding between tire tracks which were puddles. I slipped and my left foot went into the mud past my ankle. With a wet foot, I turned around and headed back to Love Creek Rd.
Once back to the road, I took off my left sneaker and got the debri out. I took a left and went to another trail on the left. This is the one that I've been on before.
Soon on the trail there is a small stream crossing. I got close to it but it was too rocky so I stayed on the bike but walked through it.
I continued on the trail further than before. Soon I came to a T in the trail so I thought it would be a good time to turn back. I'll explore it later.
So when I headed back, I went through those big mud puddles again, still fun.
I was about half way down Blackberry Hill Rd. when my chain was making noise while I was coasting. So I kept peddling.
When I started to pick up speed going down a hill, I could not peddle. I looked at it at the bottom of the hill and I couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. I would peddle forward, and it just went around in circles, not catching the gears.
So I had to walk 1/2 mile home, and of course, the last part is a hill.
I looked at my mountain bike and I still couldn't figure out what was wrong.
I'll have to bring it to Tri City Bike's and see what's wrong.

No comments: