Sunday, August 31, 2008

8/31/08 Love Creek Mountain Bike Ride


I started off early this morning and rode to Love Creek Road.
On the way down LC, I saw a trail on the left before the trail I usually take so I tried it. This trail was in bad shape due to ATV's so I turned around.
Once back on Love Creek, I headed down a little ways and took a left onto the Trail.
I still had a problem going over a culvert on the trail. I almost made it but when I got to the other side, I hit a downed log, plus this section of the trail goes uphill.
I took a right when I got to the T Junction.
This section has several downed trees and several huge mud puddles on the trail. The downed trees have trails around them, so do the mud puddles.
Soon I came to another T Junction. The trail in front of me was marked with a "W" and the trail to the right was marked with an orange sign with a black arrow with letters N.E.T.R.A on it.
Following the NETRA trail, I soon came to a field.
I could see a road off in the distance and I thought it was Love Creek.
I rode to the road and found out it was Wentworth Rd.
Wentworth Road goes to Rt. 9 but I didn't want to go that way so I headed back through the field to the NETRA trail.
I stopped at the beginning of the trail and read the sign. It said that there would be a motorcycle race there in a couple of weeks.
I headed back to the T Junction and took a left to head back to Love Creek.
Again I almost made it over the culvert but I was in second gear and that was too low for climbing up the trail.
When I got close to the road, I thought I saw a deer. I found out it was a dog. It looked like a pit bull. I waited a few minutes to see if he would move but it didn't. I tried to back up but then he saw me.
He started to bark. I tried yelling at him but that didn't work.
He kept barking and he started to head towards me.
I turned my bike around and headed back to the field.
I made it back to the field with no problems.
So I had to take Wentworth Road to Rt. 9. If I took Wentworth Rd. the other way, I would be back on Love Creek.
Rt. 9 has a shoulder but it's not the best road to ride on.
I made it back safely home.
I can't wait to go again.
Check out the slide show at:

No comments: