Saturday, June 13, 2009

My Tri


6/12/09:
This morning I did my own Triathlon.
For the swim, I spent 10 minutes practicing breathing and kicking in my kids 12’x3’ pool, with the help of a kick board. Then I ran from the pool to T1.
Before I put on my wetsuit, I lubed up with sun screen. I wanted to see if that would help me take my wetsuit off faster. When I took the upper half of the wetsuit off, it got stuck on my left wrist. My watch was on the outside of the wetsuit. So I had to pull it back up to take the watch off. When I took off the lower half, it came off easily. Maybe next time I’ll try Pam on my wrists.
Then I put on my Tri top (still scraping cash together for a Riptide top), jersey, sunglasses and helmet. My sunglasses fogged up so I couldn’t use them. Then I did a flying mount onto my bike and I was off.
For the bike ride, I rode 16.4 miles through Berwick and N. Berwick on very hilly terrain. It took a while getting use to riding without sunglasses.
When I got close to T2, I undid my shoes and did a flying dismount. I took off my helmet and jersey, and then put my shoes on. This took a long time, since I haven’t gotten Yankz yet.
My legs were very stiff on the beginning of the 3 mile run. I kept a consistent pace and I sprinted up my driveway to the finish line.
My Tri took me 1.36.
It was an excellent workout and it is now part of my Triathlon Training.

No comments: