Sunday, June 21, 2009

2009 Aggieman Triathlon

This was the second Tri that I volunteered for this year. It was another excellent experience.
I got to the start line at 5am. Soon I joined Jeff and Orville to set up the transition racks in T1. When that was done, I hung out and watched people setting up their transition areas.
After the swim, I helped Jennifer with calling out the athlet's number so she could mark it down plus the time. When the Kayaker's were done, I had to call out the time. That was fun.
I waited for the last bike rider to leave T1, then I had to drive the bike route and tell the Road Marshalls that the race was over and I had to pick up the caution flags and vests.
I didn't pass the last bike riders until I was on Rt.236. When I took a right onto Rt. 9, I pulled over and waited. When the last bike rider passed, I followed her slowly.
When the bike riders were on Mountain Rd., I passed them and stopped at T2.
I saw Tim, Stu and Chris there (fellow Riptide members) and we waited for the last riders to show up.
After they showed up, I head up the mountain.
I got to the top and hung out. I ate some food and listened to the results.
Hopefully I'll be ready next year to do Aggieman.

No comments: