Saturday, June 21, 2008

6/20/08 Parker Mountain backpacking attempt


I loaded up my pack with all the gear that I will bring on July's AT section hike. The pack was 40 pounds. I hiked up Parker Mountain then continue on the Carter Smith Tr. to the end. I was looking for a place to camp but I could not find one. The last time I was on the Carter Smith Tr. was last winter, when I saw a bunch of good camp sites, but it's much different after all the trees get there leaves back and new plant growth.


I ended up coming home and pitching my tent in the back yard. I made dinner on my camp stove and did the dishes, like I was in the woods. I watched a movie, then I spent the night in the tent.


After a night of little sleep, I got up at 4:30am and made breakfast in my back yard.


One of the problems I may have on my section hike is that when I leave camp in the morning, the tent fly will still be wet. Hopefully mold will not start to form on the fly.

No comments: